Collapsible Water Retainer Shower Dam for shower threshold
(Free Shipping with the purchase of 5 or more units - Must select 5 Unit under discounted Volume). Made in the USA.
(roll-in wheelchair showers and handicap shower stall)
Click HERE for more details and installation instructions
This is an excellent shower water stopper for keeping the bathroom floor dry and safe with a handicap shower threshold or curbless shower stall. Our patent-pending design is made from a very durable and unique material (Santoprene). This material easily collapses when a wheelchair or foot steps on or rolls over it and offers the following advantages over other materials:
- Long lasting
- Easy to clean
- Stain, mold and bacteria resistant
All sizes are 1 3/8″ high and 1.5″ wide and come with Epoxy Glue Kits which provide a stronger bond than self-adhesive tape applications. Excellent when used in conjunction with Weighted Shower Curtains.
Handicap Shower Threshold Dam Features
- Water Stopper installs along shower threshold
- Shower curtain goes up against it
- Retainer collapses when a wheelchair goes over it
- Easy to install (epoxy glue kit included – order additional glue kits below)
- An excellent ADA modification for roll-in, barrier free showers and it meets ADA guidelines
Side View Cutaway
Who uses Collapsible Water Retainer Shower Dams?
- Accessible Bathroom Re-modelers
- Nursing and Retirement Homes
- Property Managers
- Commercial Facilities
- Commercial and Residential Contractors
- Homeowners building an Accessible Bathroom
- Tile and Flooring Contractors/Distributors
- Garage Door Installers
Top View From Above
(White, Grey, Light Tan, Dark Tan)
Not shown is special edition “Charcoal”
Tools Needed for Shower Water Dam Installation
- Dry cloth (to wipe floor where installation will be performed)
- Silicon tube dispenser (not included)
- Utility knife (may have to cut to size)
- Install time usually takes approximately 20 minutes
- Always allow at least 24 hours for the silicon and epoxy to dry
Available in sizes ranging from 3-feet to 9-feet (see below) and four colors: Grey, Dark Tan, White, and Light Tan (new).
2 Styles of End Caps Now Available
All sizes and colors of our water retainer shower dams can be ordered with or without End Caps. We have more information about these on our End Caps page.
Disclaimer: The color shown in the photos may not be an exact match to the actual product as dye lots vary between batches.
We are looking for U.S. and International Distributors. Please call us at 866-902-9800 for details.