Wheelchair Lift Stair Climber - Available for Purchase or Rental - Item for purchase is available on the store.
The Garaventa Stair-Trac is our newest wheelchair stair climber that makes it possible to accommodate going up and down stairs for manual wheelchair users.
This portable device attaches to most standard wheelchairs and can be used by caregivers and attendants to improve accessibility.
Because it is battery operated, it works when power goes out in buildings and can be used for a single person or for multiple users in an emergency.
Wheelchair access for stairways inside or outside of a home or commercial building
– or –
Rent for – $750 / month
plus shipping if applicable
(two month minimum rental)
- Attaches to most standard manual wheelchairs for adults and children
- Increases accessibility for going up or down stairs
- Powerful enough to use on approximately 30 floors of stairs
- Secure traction control
- 285 lb. capacity
- Portable and transports with ease
- Support handle detaches for compact storage
- Comes with a rechargeable batteries and charger
- Has a key switch for security
Ideal Situations for Using a Wheelchair Stair Climber
- Great for temporary situations such as a knee or hip operation
- Short term events like conventions, conferences and fundraisers
- Out of town disabled visitors
- When a stair lift or elevator is not an option or an elevator is out of service
- The staircase must have an angle between 25 and 45 degrees. The angle can be found by measuring the height of a step divided by its width (from the lip of a step to the corner where the step meets the step above it)
- The height of an individual step can not be more than 7.25 inches
- The landing at the top and bottom of the staircase must be at least 40″ x 40″
- A second person can be helpful for grabbing the foot rest but not mandatory
- Also known as Stairtrac
Download a PDF of the Stair-Trac-Owners-Manual.
Call our office at (866) 902-9800 to find out about Rental options.
We also have Facetime Training available upon request.